Section 98 of GST – Procedure on receipt of application. Everything you want to know about GST Section 98. In this section you may find all details for “Procedure on receipt of application” as per GST Act 2017. Detailed Analysis of GST Section 98 of GST Act 2017. We Provide Complete Details for All GST Section’s and In this article you may find all details for GST Section 98.Check Section Wise Analysis of GST Act 2017, Chapter Wise Analysis of GST All Sections. in this article you may find complete details regarding Section 98 of GST Act 2017 –Procedure on receipt of application, gst all sections and definitions. Now Check more details from below…..
Section 98 of GST – Procedure on receipt of application
(1) On receipt of an application, the Authority shall cause a copy thereof to be forwarded to the concerned officer and, if necessary, call upon him to furnish the relevant records:
Provided that where any records have been called for by the Authority in any case, such records shall, as soon as possible, be returned to the said concerned officer.
(2) The Authority may, after examining the application and the records called for and after hearing the applicant or his authorised representative and the concerned officer or his authorised representative, by order, either admit or reject the application:
Provided that the Authority shall not admit the application where the question raised in the application is already pending or decided in any proceedings in the case of an applicant under any of the provisions of this Act:
Provided further that no application shall be rejected under this sub-section unless an opportunity of hearing has been given to the applicant:
Provided also that where the application is rejected, the reasons for such rejection shall be specified in the order.
(3) A copy of every order made under sub-section (2) shall be sent to the applicant and to the concerned officer.
(4) Where an application is admitted under sub-section (2), the Authority shall, after examining such further material as may be placed before it by the applicant or obtained by the Authority and after providing an opportunity of being heard to the applicant or his authorised representative as well as to the concerned officer or his authorised representative, pronounce its advance ruling on the question specified in the application.
(5) Where the members of the Authority differ on any question on which the advance ruling is sought, they shall state the point or points on which they differ and make a reference to the Appellate Authority for hearing and decision on such question.
(6) The Authority shall pronounce its advance ruling in writing within ninety days from the date of receipt of application.
(7) A copy of the advance ruling pronounced by the Authority duly signed by the members and certified in such manner as may be prescribed shall be sent to the applicant, the concerned officer and the jurisdictional officer after such pronouncement.
Recommended Articles –
- When will GST be applicable – GST Bill Passed in Rajya Sabha
- GST Definition, Objective, Framework, Action Plan & GST Scope
- Filing of GST Returns, Revision of return, Short Filing of Return
- Returns Under GST, Returns Under Goods and Service Tax
- GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- GST Rate – GST Rates in India, Worldwide GST Rates – Full Analysis
- GST Forms: Registration, Return Filing, Payment, Challan, Refund, Invoice
- System Requirements for Using the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in)
- GST Registration Formats, Download GST Registration Forms
- HSN Code List, Find HSN Code for Your Business
- GST Login @gst.gov.in. Steps by Step Guide to Login at New GST Portal
- GST Registration last date, GST Enrolment schedule for your State 2017
- GST Due Dates: Return, Payment, Registration, TDS, TCS, Challan