Section 10 of GST Act 2017 – Composition levy. Complete Analysis of GST Section 10 – Composition levy. Explanation of Goods and Service Tax all Sections.This Act may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017. After Providing List of all sections of GST here we provide Detailed Explanation of Goods and Service Tax all Sections. Section Wise Analysis of GST Act 2017, in this article you may find complete details regarding Section 10 of GST Act 2017 – Composition levy, gst all section and definitions. Now Check more details from below…..
Section 10 of GST Act 2017 – Composition levy
(1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Act but subject to the provisions of sub-sections (3) and (4) of section 9, a registered person, whose aggregate turnover in the preceding financial year did not exceed fifty lakh rupees, may opt to pay, in lieu of the tax payable by him, an amount calculated at such rate as may be prescribed, but not exceeding,-
- (a) one per cent. of the turnover in State or turnover in Union territory in case of a manufacturer, (b) two and a half per cent. of the turnover in State or turnover in Union territory in case of persons engaged in making supplies referred to in clause
- (b) of paragraph 6 of Schedule II, and
- (c) half per cent. of the turnover in State or turnover in Union territory in case of other suppliers
subject to such conditions and restrictions as may be prescribed
Provided that the Government may, by notification, increase the said limit of fifty lakh rupees to such higher amount, not exceeding one crore rupees, as may be recommended by the Council.
(2) The registered person shall be eligible to opt under sub-section (1), if
- (a) he is not engaged in the supply of services other than supplies referred to in clause (b) of paragraph 6 of Schedule II;
- (b) he is not engaged in making any supply of goods which are not leviable to tax under this Act;
- (c) he is not engaged in making any inter-State outward supplies of goods;
- (d) he is not engaged in making any supply of goods through an electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax at source under section 52; and
- (e) he is not a manufacturer of such goods as may be notified by the Government on the recommendations of the Council:
Provided that where more than one registered persons are having the same Permanent Account Number (issued under the Income-tax Act, 1961), the registered person shall not be eligible to opt for the scheme under sub-section (1) unless all such registered persons opt to pay tax under that sub-section.
(3) The option availed of by a registered person under sub-section (1) shall lapse with effect from the day on which his aggregate turnover during a financial year exceeds the limit specified under sub-section (1).
(4) A taxable person to whom the provisions of sub-section (1) apply shall not collect any tax from the recipient on supplies made by him nor shall he be entitled to any credit of input tax.
(5) If the proper officer has reasons to believe that a taxable person has paid tax under sub-section (1) despite not being eligible, such person shall, in addition to any tax that may be payable by him under any other provisions of this Act, be liable to a penalty and the provisions of section 73 or section 74 shall, mutatis mutandis, apply for determination of tax and penalty
Recommended Articles –
- When will GST be applicable – GST Bill Passed in Rajya Sabha
- GST Definition, Objective, Framework, Action Plan & GST Scope
- Filing of GST Returns, Revision of return, Short Filing of Return
- Returns Under GST, Returns Under Goods and Service Tax
- GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- GST Rate – GST Rates in India, Worldwide GST Rates – Full Analysis
- GST Forms: Registration, Return Filing, Payment, Challan, Refund, Invoice
- System Requirements for Using the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in)
- GST Registration Formats, Download GST Registration Forms
- HSN Code List, Find HSN Code for Your Business
- GST Login @gst.gov.in. Steps by Step Guide to Login at New GST Portal
- GST Registration last date, GST Enrolment schedule for your State 2017
- GST Due Dates: Return, Payment, Registration, TDS, TCS, Challan
If you have any query regarding “Section 10 of GST Act 2017 – Composition levy” then please tell us via below comment box…