Know your GST Number, Know your GSTIN: Track GST Provisional ID Status, Track GST ARN Status by using below Guide…On bringing GST into practice, there would be merger of Central and State taxes into a single tax payment. Further, it would subsume all indirect taxes at the center and the state level. It is expected to enhance the position of India in both, domestic as well as international market. At the consumer level, GST would reduce the overall tax burden, which is currently estimated at 25-30%. Any major macro-economic reforms in the country are only possible with effective fiscal & monetary policies in place and economic reforms are important for empowerment of poor.
Approximately 70% of the population lives in rural India, GST will become a catalyst for a common rural market in our country with the removal of state level barriers. However, one change which every taxpayer is going to face immediately will be in their tax identification number.
Know your GSTIN
What is GSTIN?
GST Number (GSTIN) is a unique 15 digit number which is allotted to the assessee at the time of filing an application for registration for Goods & Service Tax. Just like PAN Card No is required for payment and filing of Income Tax Returns, similarly GSTIN is required for payment and filing of GST Returns.
New GST regime is applicable very soon and we expect that GST is applicable from 1st July 2017, all the taxpayers will get consolidated into one single GST platform for compliance and administration purposes and will be assigned registration under a single authority. The govt of india has set up GSTN–Network who provide the IT infrastructure necessary to support GST Online. It is expected that 8 million taxpayers will be migrated from various platforms into GST. All of these will be assigned a unique Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN).
Tracking of GST Status
- Click Here to Track GST Registration Status (Detailed Procedure)
How to Track GST Status
|Name of Service||Link|
|Check GST ARN Status||Click here|
|Check GST Provisional ID Status||Click Here|
|Search Tax Payer by GST Number||Click Here|
|Track GST Payment Status||Click Here|
- Click here to Check GST ARN Status
- Click Here to Check GST Provisional ID Status
- Search Tax Payer by GSTIN Number, UIN Number or Search GST Number
Format of GSTIN
Goods & Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) is a PAN based number i.e. to say that it is based on the PAN No. of the applicant. It is a 15 digit number and format of the same is as follows:-
- The first two digits of this GST number will represent the state code
- The next ten digits will be the PAN number of the taxpayer
- The thirteenth digit will be assigned based on the number of registration within a state
- The fourteenth digit will be Z by default
- The last digit will be for check code
Using the above guide you can easily identified GSTIN Number of any assessee. For Further Queries related to GST Registration, GST Login Procedure, GST Rates 2017, GST Return Online Process, GST Refund Details, HSN Code List, you may also refer the FAQ on migration issued by GSTN.
Registration under GST is not tax specific, which means that there is single registration for all the taxes i.e. CGST, SGST/UTGST, IGST and cesses. A given PAN based legal entity would have one GSTIN per State, that means a business entity having its branches in multiple States will have to take separate State wise registration for the branches in different States. But within a State, an entity with different branches would have single registration wherein it can declare one place as principal place of business and other branches as additional place of business. However, a business entity having separate business verticals (as defined in section 2 (18) of the CGST Act, 2017) in a state may obtain separate registration for each of its business verticals.
Issue of registration certificate
An application has to be submitted online through the common portal (GSTN) within thirty days from the date when liability to register arise. The Casual and Non-Resident taxable persons need to apply at least five days prior to the commencement of the business. For transferee of a business as going concern, the liability to register arises on the date of transfer.
Subject to the provisions of section 25(12), where the application for grant of registration has been approved under rule 2, a certificate of registration in form GST REG-06 showing the principal place of business and additional place(s) of business shall be made available to the applicant on the Common Portal and a Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (hereinafter in these rules referred to as “GSTIN”) shall be assigned in the following format –
- (a) two characters for the State code
- (b) ten characters for the PAN or the Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number
- (c) two characters for the entity code; and
- (d) one check sum character – Rule 3(1) of Registration Rules.
Display of registration certificate and GSTIN on the name board
Every registered person shall display his certificate of registration in a prominent location at his principal place of business and at every additional place or places of business.
Every registered person shall display his GSTIN on the name board exhibited at the entry of his principal place of business and at every additional place or places of business – Rule 10 of GST Registration Rules.
- GST Rate in India, GST Rates in India 2017 (Item Wise GST List in PDF)
- GST Registration Status, Track GST Registration Status, Know GSTIN
- GST Refund Status, Track GST Refund Status via online Mode 2017
- GST Login @gst.gov.in. Steps by Step Guide to Login at New GST Portal
- How to Register and Update Digital Signature (DSC) on GST Portal
- GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- GST Forms: Registration, Return Filing, Payment, Challan, Refund, Invoice
- HSN Code List, Find HSN Code for Your Business
- ITC under GST, Input Tax Credit Mechanism under GST Regime
- GST Due Dates: Return, Payment, Registration, TDS, TCS, Challan
- Tax Payment in GST Regime, Steps to Make GST Payment at GST Portal
- GST Refund – GST Refund Claims, Payment of Wrong Tax, Documentation
- Place of Supply under GST With Examples, Place of Supply of Services
If you have ay query or suggestion regarding “Know your GST Number, Know your GSTIN” then please tell us via below comment box…