GST Rate in India, GST Rates in India 2017 (Item Wise GST List in PDF). Find GST Rate List in PDF Format and Excel Format with HSN Code List. GST Rates are finalised and here below we provide list of all GST Rates on Goods & Services Applicable from July 1st, 2017. Download GST Rates 2017 in PDF Format, We finally have the GST rates out and a near certainty of implementation with effect from 1st July, GST Item Wise list available in PDF format for Download. GST Tax Rate in India. GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%. Combined GST rate is being discussed by the Government. After the total GST rate is arrived the centre and state will decide on the CGST and SGST rate. Here you may check gst rates in india item wise in pdf format or gst tax rate list 2017 as approved by GST Council in various meetings.
The rates of GST (CGST+SGST/UTGST) include Nil, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. These rates will apply to IGST also. CGST and SGST rate is expected to be same. IGST is expected to be equal to double the CGST rate. Thus if CGST and SGST is same, the IGST rate will be equal to the rate of SGST plus CGST.
For Example:- Rajesh, a dealer in Maharashtra sold goods to Anand in Maharashtra worth INR 10,000. The GST rate is 18% comprising of CGST rate of 9% and SGST rate of 9%, in such case the dealer collects INR 1800 and INR 900 will go to the central government and INR 900 will go to the Maharashtra government.
Again, if Rajesh sells goods to dealer in Delhi worth INR 10,000, this being inter- state, the dealer will charge IGST at the rate of 18% and the amount collected INR 1800 will go the central government and will later be apportioned between the union and the states on the recommendation of the GST Council.
GST Rates changed in GST Council 20th Meeting held on 05-08-2017
1. Textile job works reduced to 5%
2. Government works contract reduced to 12% with ITC
3. Job work for printing books and newspapers etc will be 12% (if only content provided by publisher and all input of paper etc belongs to printer)
4. Job work for printing books and newspapers will be 5% (if Input used belongs to publisher and not Printer)
5. Agriculture Services of post Harvest and storage reduced to 12%
6. Entry to Planetarium – rate reduced to 18%
7. Rent a Cab Operator-Allowed option of 12% GST with full ITC. 5% GST with no ITC will also continue
8. GTA– Allowed option of 12% GST with full ITC under forward charge. 5% GST with no ITC will also continue (However, the GTA has to give an option at the beginning of financial year)
9. Tractor parts would attract the Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate of 18 % instead of 28 % previously.
10. Margin/commission payable to Fair Price Shop Dealers by Central/ State Governments- 0%
11. In case of housekeeping services such as plumbers through E-commerce Operator, it is the liability of the aggregator to pay GST
12. Goods and services used specifically for the purposes FIFA Youth World Cup later this year in India has been exempted from GST.
New crop insurance schemes Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) introduced from Kharif 2016-17 in place of National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) and Modified National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (MNAIS), and Restructured Weather Based Crop Insurance Scheme (RWCIS) introduced in place of Weather Based Crop Insurance Schemes , shall be extended exemption from GST.
To clarify that legal services (including representational services) provided by an individual advocate or a senior advocate or a firm of advocates (including LLP) provided to a business entity in taxable territory are covered under reverse charge mechanism
GST council fixes rates for hotels, lottery on 18-06-2017 (18th June 2017)
In the 17th meeting of GST Council, different tax rates have been set on the government and private lottery. Under the GST of 18% tax and Government Authorized Private lottery, 28% tax rate has been fixed on the State Run Lottery. Apart from this, 28% tax will be charged on expensive hotel rooms. Arun Jaitley said that it will take 4-5 months to prepare for the e-bill. Next meeting of GST Council is held on 30th June
The GST Council also recommended that the GST rate on dried singhada and makhana will be 5%.
“The council fixed tax rate of 18 per cent for hotel rooms between Rs 2,000 and Rs 7,500. Rooms with tariff above Rs 7,500 will attract 28 per cent tax,” Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said while addressing a news conference.
- Anti-profit rules were approved to stop profits in the meeting.
- The GST Council has given two months relaxation to file returns every month. There will be no need to file returns in July and August. It will be necessary to file returns every month from September.
GST Rates 2017 by item wise at One Place in PDF & Articles Format
GST Rates on Goods Chapter Wise
If you want to know more about the GST rates, please check the below table.
GST Council revises rates for 66 items on (11-06-2017)
After the 16th GST Council meet concluded today, the rates of 66 items under the upcoming GST regime have been revised.
The finance minister added that under the GST, traders, manufacturers and restaurants with turnover of up to Rs 75 lakh can avail the composition scheme, against Rs 50 lakh earlier. click here to know more about GST Composition Scheme
Some of the revised tax items, the FM highlighted were:
- There would be two categories of GST rates on cinema, 28% in case tickets above Rs.100 and 18% in case of tickets up to Rs.100
- Cashew revised from 12% to 5%
- Packaged food, including some fruits and vegetables, pickles, toppings, instant food, sauces revised from 18% to 12%
- Agarbatti revised from 12% to 5%
- Dental wax revised from 28% to 18%
- Insulin revised from 12% to 5%
- Plastic beads revised from 28% to 18%
- Plastic turpolin revised from 28% to 18%
- School bags revised from 28% to 18%
- Exercise books revised from 18% to 12%
- Coloring books revised from 12% to nil
- Pre-cast concrete pipes revised from 28% to 18%
- Cutlery revised from 18% to 12%
- Tractor components revised from 28% to 18%
- Computer printers revised from 28% to 18%
GST Rates Decided on Gold, Biscuits by GST Council Meeting held on (3rd June 2017)
GST Rates fixed on gold, diamond, footwear, others: GST rate fixed: Gold to be taxed at 3%, biscuits 18%, garments 12%
For gold, the GST has been set at 3 per cent introducing a new tax slab, fairly in line with industry expectations that was appealing for 2 per cent. Last month, the GST Council finalised a four-tier structure for taxation of both goods and services at 5, 12, 18 and 28 per cent. According to sources, the proposal for gold was to put it in the 5 per cent slab.
GST Rates on Services
- All services have been fitted into four different rates, which are 5%, 12%, the standard 18% and the luxury rate of 28%
- Travelling on metro, local train, religious travel, Haj yatra will all be exempt from GST: revenue secretary, Hasmukh Adhia.
- AC train travel to get cheaper under GST
- Transport services (Railways, air transport) will be under the 5% category because their main input is petroleum, which is outside GST ambit.
- 18% tax slab for telecom, financial services
- Healthcare and education have been exempted from the service list. Most service structures will remain as is, said sources. This implies services will become cheaper in some segments
Important Articles & Files
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 3% Rate list (Gold, Ornaments)
- Download Item Wise GST All Rates List 2017 (Full List Release on 19th May 2017)
- Download Item Wise GST All Rates List 2017 (New Added on 3rd June 2017)
- Item Wise GST All Rates Revised for Certain Goods (on 11th June, 2017)
- GST Rate for Services 2017: List of all services Taxable in GST
- Download GST Rate Chart on Services & List of Services Exempted
- Services Under Reverse Charge as Approved by GST Council
- Classification Scheme for Services under GST
- Click Here to Download Item Wise GST Rate List 2017
- List of Goods Exempted under GST Regime, GST Nil Rate List 2017
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 5% Rate list, GST 5% Items List 2017
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 12% Rate list, GST 12% Items List
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 28% Rate list, GST 28% Items List
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 18% Rate list, GST 18% Items List
GST Rates on Services in Hindi –
For More details about GST Rates in Hindi, Please visit on following link – GST Rate in Hindi
GST Nil rate (0%):
No tax will be imposed on items like fresh meat, fish chicken, eggs, milk, butter milk, curd, natural honey, fresh fruits and vegetables, flour, besan, bread, prasad, salt, bindi. Sindoor, stamps, judicial papers, printed books, newspapers, bangles, handloom etc. click here for list of all goods exempted from GST
GST 5% Items List
Items such as fish fillet, cream, skimmed milk powder, branded paneer, frozen vegetables, coffee, tea, spices, pizza bread, rusk, sabudana, kerosene, coal, medicines, stent, lifeboats will attract tax of 5 percent. click here for list of all goods Covered under 5% GST Rate
GST 12% Items list
Frozen meat products , butter, cheese, ghee, dry fruits in packaged form, animal fat, sausage, fruit juices, Bhutia, namkeen, Ayurvedic medicines, tooth powder, agarbatti, colouring books, picture books, umbrella, sewing machine, and cellphones will be under 12 per cent tax slab. click here for list of all goods Covered under 12% GST Rate
GST 18% Items List
Most items are under this tax slab which include flavoured refined sugar, pasta, cornflakes, pastries and cakes, preserved vegetables, jams, sauces, soups, ice cream, instant food mixes, mineral water, tissues, envelopes, tampons, note books, steel products, printed circuits, camera, speakers and monitors. click here for list of all goods Covered under 18% GST Rate
GST 28% Items list
Chewing gum, molasses, chocolate not containing cocoa, waffles and wafers coated with choclate, pan masala, aerated water, paint, deodorants, shaving creams, after shave, hair shampoo, dye, sunscreen, wallpaper, ceramic tiles, water heater, dishwasher, weighing machine, washing machine, ATM, vending machines, vacuum cleaner, shavers, hair clippers, automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft for personal use, and yachts will attract 28 per cent tax – the highest under GST system. click here for list of all goods Covered under 28% GST Rate
- Click Here to Download Item Wise GST Rate List 2017
- GST Compensation Cess Rates 2017 for different supplies
GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%
Though rates of the GST are never the part of provision of the act but as promised in the Rajya Sabha by Hon. Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitely that upper limit of the tax will be part of the law and therefore upper limit of the tax rate of 14% has been provided in Section 8(1) of CGST /SGST Law) and & 28 % on IGST (Section 5(1) of IGST Law) and therefore, now there will be following categories of the tax rates.
|Rate of Tax||Expected bifurcation||Remark|
|Nil (Exempted Supply)||(0% of CGST & 0% of SGST)||Necessity items may be exempted, which are presently exempted in all the states for VAT. Generally, these will be in the range of 80 to 99 items.|
|5%||(2.5% of CGST & 2.5% of SGST)||Items which are exempted under excise and VAT rate is in the range of 4% to 6% may be covered under this category|
|12%||(6% of CGST & 6% of SGST)||Items on which excise duty is 6% and VAT rate are in the range of 4% – 6% may be covered under this category|
|18%||(9% of CGST & 9% of SGST)||Majority of the Items, which are not directly needed to the consumer and not covered above will cover in this category.|
|28%||(14% of CGST & 14% of SGST)||All other items which are directly reaching to the consumer including luxury goods, i.e. white goods and beverages|
GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%. GST rate structure finalised. Check more details from following link….
What is the rate applicable under composition levy?
Suppliers opting for Composition levy shall pay a tax calculated on turnover at the rate as may be prescribed, but shall not be less than 2.5% in the case of manufacturer and 1% in the case of other suppliers.
It may be noted that the rates 2.5% and 1% would be in respect of CGST as well as SGST and hence, the effective rate would be 5% and 2% respectively. Further, the composition scheme is not available on Services and inter-state outward supplies.
- GST Definition, Objective, Framework, Action Plan & GST Scope
- Filing of GST Returns, Revision of return, Short Filing of Return
- HSN Code List, Find HSN Code for Your Business
- GST Login @gst.gov.in. Steps by Step Guide to Login at New GST Portal
- GST Rules 2017, Check & Download All New GST Rules 2017