GST Registration for Service Tax: GST Registration for Existing Service Tax Assessees, GST Migration for Existing Central Excise Dealers. check list ofDocuments required for conversion of service tax registration in to GST. GST Enrolment for Existing Central Excise, Service Tax Assessees. Step by Step Guide for GST Registration for existing Central Excise and Service Tax Assessees. As you are aware, roll out of Goods and Services Tax (GST) is scheduled from 01.04.2017. The taxes of Central Excise and Service Tax would be subsumed in the GST. So as a Central Excise/Service tax taxpayer you need to take certain action to migrate to the GST regime. In order to migrate to GST, you need to have a provisional ID and password. These details you can obtain by logging into ACES portal (www.aces.gov.in). These details are being obtained from GSTN and you may periodically log in to see your status.
GST registration last date for Existing Central Excise, Service Tax Assessees – 15th June 2017
Please Note – In case you are also registered with State Commercial Tax dept (VAT/Luxury Tax/Entry Tax/Entertainment Tax), you may have already initiated this process of migration and no further action will be applicable to you. Now check more details for “GST Registration for Service Tax, GST Enrolment for Central Excise” from below..
GST Registration for Service Tax, GST Enrolment for Central Excise
All existing Central Excise and Service Tax assessees will be migrated to GST starting 7th January 2017. To migrate to GST, assessees would be provided a Provisional ID and Password by CBEC. Provisional IDs would be issued to only those assessees who have a valid PAN associated with their registration. An assessee may not be provided a Provisional ID in the following cases:
- The PAN associated with the registration is not valid
- The PAN is registered with State a Tax authority and Provisional ID has been supplied by the said State Tax authority.
- There are multiple CE/ST registrations on the same PAN in a State. In this case only 1 Provisional ID would be issued for the 1st registration in the alphatebical order provided any of the above 2 conditions are not met.
The assessees need to use this Provisional ID and Password to logon to the GST Common Portal (https://www.gst.gov.in) where they would be required to fill and submit the Form 20 along with necessary supporting documents.
GST Registration Last Date – 15th June 2017
Subsequent pages provide the Steps to be followed by each assessee to migrate to GST.
Steps for Getting Provisional ID and Password
Hi Friends Here we are providing all Steps for How Central Excise and Service Tax Assessees get there provisional ID’s and Passwords form ACES Portal…
ACES Portal – https://www.aces.gov.in/
Step 1: Logon to ACES portal using the existing ACES User ID and Password
Step 2:Either follow the link to obtain the Provisional ID and Password OR navigate using the Menu
Step 3: Make a note of the Provisional ID and password that is provided. In case a Provisional ID is not provided, please refer the Next Step section. In case of further doubt please contact the CBEC Helpdesk at either 1800-1200-232 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have obtained the Provisional ID and Password, logon to the GST Common Portal (https://www.gst.gov.in) using this ID and Password.
Please Note –
- In some cases, your login credentials may have been shared through State VAT authorities. If you have completed the enrollment process using these credentials, you do not need to repeat the process
- In some cases, your ID and Password may still be awaited from GSTN.
- For assistance, contact CBEC MITRA – 1800 1200 232
[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]
GST Registration for Service Tax after Getting Provisional ID
Procedure for Registration at New GST Portal After Getting Provisional ID & Password
Hi Friends We Provide Complete Registration Procedure for Existing Tax Payers in Separate Article with all Screenshots, Please Check Full Registration Procedure for registration on GST Portal by the Central Excise and Service Tax Assessees from following article….
[divider style=”solid” top=”20″ bottom=”20″]
Steps for GST Registration at New GST Portal
- Step 1: Go to gst.gov.in and click on “New User Login”
- Step 2: Read, select checkbox and hit “Continue”
- Step 3: Enter Provisional ID and Password received in ACES website
- Step 4: Enter valid email address and mobile number
- Step 5: Verify email and mobile number using OTP
- Step 6: Select Username and Password for subsequent Login
- Step 7: Answer security questions to help with password reset
- Step 8: Answer security questions to help with password reset
- Step 9 :GST Login credentials created successfully, Now visit again on GST Portal and then click on “Exiting User Login” and Re-enter with your login credentials
- Step 10 – Fill all Require Details, upload Require Documents and Click Save & Continue
- Step 11 – Fill the Details of Proprietors/Partners of your Firm
- Step 12 – Fill the all other require Details, Upload the related documents and Click Save & Continue
- Step 13 – Fill the Complete Details of Authorized Signatory
- Step 14 – Enter Details, upload documents and Click Save & Continue
- Step 15 – Fill The Details of Principal place of business
- Step 16 – Enter Commodity Details and Save & Continue
- Step 17: Click Verification checkbox and submit with DSC Note : Digitally signing using DSC is mandatory in case of LLP and Companies
- Step 18: Verify the form and submit
- Upon successful submission, Application Reference Number (ARN) is received through email and SMS
NOTE : The success message is displayed after the validation of the DSC PIN. You will receive the acknowledgement in next 15 minutes on your registered email address and mobile number. Application Reference Number (ARN) receipt will be sent on your e-mail address and mobile number.
Documents Required for GST Registration for Service Tax
|PROMOTERS/PARTNERS||Photograph (for each)||JPEG(100KB)|
|PRINCIPAL / ADDITIONAL PLACES OF BUSINESS||Address proof (for each)||PDF/JPEG(1MB)|
|BANK ACCOUNTS||Statement/First page (for each)||PDF/JPEG(1MB)|
Please note: In case your Central Excise or Service Tax registration does not have a valid Income Tax PAN number, you need to obtain the PAN number and update your registration details on to ACES portal before you can be migrated to GST.
You may visit www.cbec.gov.in or www.aces.gov.in to know more about the process of migration to GST.
In case of any difficulty or query, please contact your jurisdictional Central Excise/Service Tax officers or call the following helpdesk numbers:
- CBEC : 1800-1200-232.
- GSTN: 0124 – 4688999
You can also send mail at email@example.com
- System Requirements for Using the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in)
- GST Enrollment Procedure on GST Portal, GST Enrolment Schedule 2017
- GST Registration Schedule on New GST Portal for Your State
- GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- FAQs on Registration under Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- GST Definition, Objective, Framework, Action Plan & GST Scope
- When will GST be applicable – GST Bill Passed in Rajya Sabh
- GST Forms: Registration, Return Filing, Payment, Challan, Refund, Invoice
- GST Rate in India, GST Rates in India, Worldwide GST Rates 2017
- HSN Code List, Find HSN Code for Your Business
- GST Login @gst.gov.in. Steps by Step Guide to Login at New GST Portal
If you have any query or suggestion regarding “GST Enrolment for Existing Central Excise, Service Tax Assessees” then please tell us via below comment box…