GST Audit & Assessment Rules 2017, GST Audit Rules as per GST Bill 2017: CBEC Release GST Assessment Rules 2017 & GST Audit Rules 2017. Check Rules of Assessment & Audit under GST Regime. Recently GST Law 2017 is release by CBEC so here we provide Latest GST Assessment & Audit Rules and these rules are updated till 18th Oct 2017. In this article you may find complete details for GST Assessment and Audit Rules, Effective date for Assessment & Audit, Assessment in certain cases, Provisional Assessment in GST, Scrutiny of returns under GST Regime. etc…. Now scroll down below n check more details for “GST Audit & Assessment Rules 2017, GST Audit Rules as per GST Bill 2017”
GST Audit & Assessment Rules 2017
1. Provisional Assessment in GST
(1) Every registered person requesting for payment of tax on a provisional basis in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 60 shall furnish an application along with the documents in support of his request, electronically in FORM GST ASMT-01 on the common portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.
(2) The proper officer may, on receipt of the application under sub-rule (1), issue a notice in FORM GST ASMT-02 requiring the registered person to furnish additional information or documents in support of his request and the applicant shall file a reply to the notice in FORM GST ASMT – 03, and may appear in person before the said officer if he so desires.
(3) The proper officer shall issue an order in FORM GST ASMT-04, allowing payment of tax on a provisional basis indicating the value or the rate or both on the basis of which the assessment is to be allowed on a provisional basis and the amount for which the bond is to be executed and security to be furnished not exceeding twenty five per cent. of the amount covered under the bond.
(4) The registered person shall execute a bond in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of section 60 in FORM GST ASMT-05 along with a security in the form of a bank guarantee for an amount as determined under sub-rule (3):
Provided that a bond furnished to the proper officer under the State Goods and Services Tax Act or Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act shall be deemed to be a bond furnished under the provisions of the Act and the rules made thereunder
Explanation.- For the purposes of this rule, the expression “amount” shall include the amount of integrated tax, central tax, State tax or Union territory tax and cess payable in respect of the transaction.
(5) The proper officer shall issue a notice in FORM GST ASMT-06, calling for information and records required for finalization of assessment under sub-section (3) of section 60 and shall issue a final assessment order, specifying the amount payable by the registered person or the amount refundable, if any, in FORM GST ASMT-07.
(6) The applicant may file an application in FORM GST ASMT- 08 for the release of the security furnished under sub-rule (4) after issue of the order under sub-rule (5).
(7) The proper officer shall release the security furnished under sub-rule (4), after ensuring that the applicant has paid the amount specified in sub-rule (5) and issue an order in FORM GST ASMT–09 within a period of seven working days from the date of the receipt of the application under sub-rule (6).
2. Scrutiny of returns under GST Regime
– (1) Where any return furnished by a registered person is selected for scrutiny, the proper officer shall scrutinize the same in accordance with the provisions of section 61 with reference to the information available with him, and in case of any discrepancy, he shall issue a notice to the said person in FORM GST ASMT-10, informing him of such discrepancy and seeking his explanation thereto within such time, not exceeding thirty days from the date of service of the notice or such further period as may be permitted by him and also, where possible, quantifying the amount of tax, interest and any other amount payable in relation to such discrepancy.
(2) The registered person may accept the discrepancy mentioned in the notice issued under sub-rule (1), and pay the tax, interest and any other amount arising from such discrepancy and inform the same or furnish an explanation for the discrepancy in FORM GST ASMT- 11 to the proper officer.
(3) Where the explanation furnished by the registered person or the information submitted under sub-rule (2) is found to be acceptable, the proper officer shall inform him accordingly in FORM GST ASMT-12.
3. Assessment in certain cases.
(1) The order of assessment made under sub-section (1) of section 62 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-13.
(2) The proper officer shall issue a notice to a taxable person in accordance with the provisions of section 63 in FORM GST ASMT-14 containing the grounds on which the assessment is proposed to be made on best judgment basis and after allowing a time of fifteen days to such person to furnish his reply, if any, pass an order in FORM GST ASMT- 15.
(3) The order of summary assessment under sub-section (1) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-16.
(4) The person referred to in sub-section (2) of section 64 may file an application for withdrawal of the summary assessment order in FORM GST ASMT–17.
(5) The order of withdrawal or, as the case may be, rejection of the application under subsection (2) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-18.
Other GST Rules as per GST Bill 2017 from below….
- GST Registration
- GST Transition Rules 2017
- GST Composition Rules 2017,
- GST Valuation Rules 2017
- GST Tax Payment Rules
- GST Invoice Rules 2017
- Rules for Demands & Appeals
4. Audit under GST Regime
(1) The period of audit to be conducted under sub-section (1) of section 65 shall be a financial year or multiples thereof.
(2) Where it is decided to undertake the audit of a registered person in accordance with the provisions of section 65, the proper officer shall issue a notice in FORM GST ADT-01 in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (3) of the said section.
(3) The proper officer authorised to conduct audit of the records and the books of account of the registered person shall, with the assistance of the team of officers and officials accompanying him, verify the documents on the basis of which the books of account are maintained and the returns and statements furnished under the provisions of the Act and the rules made thereunder, the correctness of the turnover, exemptions and deductions claimed, the rate of tax applied in respect of the supply of goods or services or both, the input tax credit availed and utilised, refund claimed, and other relevant issues and record the observations in his audit notes.
(4) The proper officer may inform the registered person of the discrepancies noticed, if any, as observed in the audit and the said person may file his reply and the proper officer shall finalise the findings of the audit after due consideration of the reply furnished.
(5) On conclusion of the audit, the proper officer shall inform the findings of audit to the registered person in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (6) of section 65 in FORM GST ADT-02.
5. Special Audit in GST Regime
(1) Where special audit is required to be conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 66, the officer referred to in the said section shall issue a direction in FORM GST ADT-03 to the registered person to get his records audited by a chartered accountant or a cost accountant specified in the said direction.
(2) On conclusion of the special audit, the registered person shall be informed of the findings of the special audit in FORM GST ADT-04.
- FAQ on Assessment and Audit under GST
- Audit under GST Regime
- GST Annual Return GSTR 9
- GST Tax Payment Rules
- GST Valuation Rules
- GST Invoice Rules
- GST Transitional Provisions
- GST Rates
- GST India
- GST Login
If you have any query regarding “GST Audit & Assessment Rules 2017” then please tell us via below comment box…